Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome to the world of blogging... I have finally arrived.




For years now- well, let's be realistic and say 2 years- I have pondered the idea of joining the online blogging world. Life stays full to the brim and has its distractions- and the bottom line is that I sometimes don't make the time for the things that I really want to do.

I planted myself in New York from the Lone Star State 7 months ago as a late twenty-something female with nothing but freedom, anticipation and a few nerves... and a 14 and 1/2 foot U-haul full of STUFF- way too much stuff for a West Village apartment. Since my arrival, an entirely new realm of inspiration has found me. This city is full of individuals with vision who have taken courage to move in the direction of those dreams. When I meet someone new, my cup of steaming hot green tea and I sit across the table listening, awakened by the passion of the life on the other side of the 24" slab of maple.

This is a fascinating city, but it can be a tough city. I didn't anticipate the loneliness I felt when I got here. Jay Z is telling the truth: if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. So, here I land. In NY and blogging. I hope to share the world as seen through my eyes with those who care to see it. New York is a beautiful place filled with incredible and diverse people and we all have a story. I am grateful to have a space to share mine.


A lovely day soon after moving to NYC, getting acquainted with some of the city's finest things: a savory meal, a fantastic glass of Pinot Noir and the best book on fun happenings in this great city

My precious little West Village apartment. It is cozy, to say the least... but in a truly fantastic Manhattan location.

My office, bedroom and closet in a 14x10' space=NY bliss

Finishing the 28 hour drive up in my 14 and 1/2 foot U-Haul truck. I made the drive all by myself with a stopover in Nashville. My U-haul broke down on me twice, I broke my grandmother's piano in transit to Houston, ran into a friend's roof with the truck and the #1 Award: I left and drove 10 minutes on 3 major Texas highways when leaving Dallas with the back door of the truck wide open... meaning, all of my neatly packed stuff could have fallen out... on the freeway. Real safe, I know. I was so beyond exhausted and distracted from the truck needing a jump to get started that morning that I just forgot to shut it. It's a miracle I made it to NY in one piece. Thanks, 5-Hour Energy.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world beautiful lady! I'm excited to see your world! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I'm sorry but how CUTE is your living room!!! Love the couch and the wall hangings.

    ReplyDelete