Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm in love with street fairs

I woke up and the sun rays were streaming through my window this morning. The air slipping under my cracked windowsill was crisp like the crunch of an autumn leaf beneath my feet, and I knew it was going to be a fantastic fall New York day.

I got dressed in fall attire, excited about the changing of the seasons and the opportunity to already start wearing boots in early October. I zipped up the red zippers on my tan leather boots and headed down the marble stairs of my early 20th century apartment building, opened the glass and iron doors, and was beyond thrilled at what I found: a street fair on my street! I love street fairs- always have. Their energy, the diversity of people strolling through them, and the feeling of being in any kind of outdoor market on a day such as this.


My spirit felt like a cloud drifting through the lazy blue sky this afternoon as I pondered the 'thisses and thats' and the 'whozits and whatsits' at all of the booths, the international cuisine and the curious onlookers, all there to share in the joy of the fair as I was. Chocolate-ananas crepe from a crepe maker? Yes, please.


Jewelry from multi-cultural dolls? Well, maybe.


Biker man in leather and chains with two jovial Boston Terriers? Absolutely. I'm not yet an official New Yorker because I have not joined the Canine Club. It is massive and kind of a required thing here.


In the south, October means college football and B.B.Q's. In NY, fall means boots, street fairs, cool dogs, football (of course), and one ecstatic Ashley.



2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to stay in touch with all your life adventures! :) Looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for helping me set everything up! Did you notice I changed the URL again?? ;) So, I had to 'redo' everything but I'm happy with it now! Love you much and so good to spend time with you- I miss you! See you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete